Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9. The one that goes up & down, up & down, up & down.

Which is worse?  Hill work or speed work?  Personally I struggle more with the speed.  I have a real mental block when it comes to pushing myself all the way to maximum.  I almost wonder if I'll ever reach my full potential.  Not because I don't do the training, but because I don't do it hard enough

I was thankful that today was a hill day.  1 mile warmup, hill repeater x12, 1 mile cooldown for a total of 4 miles.  I'm sorry but you just can't NOT feel like a badass after sprinting up a hill 12 times.  I kinda dig it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I find it harder to push myself around the track than up and down hills. I also feel like I get more out of the hills. I ran a very flat route today and ran near my marathon pace without pushing hard at all. Hills do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the hills vs. speed. I'd rather do hills any day. Speed work just stinks!

    ReplyDelete