Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 7. The one I cut short.

I knew this 7 mile tempo run was going to be a problem in less than a quarter mile.  #1.  I'd run 11 miles the day prior, and had no recovery day.  #2. The veggie pizza I'd eaten the night before was NOT sitting well, if you know what I mean. 

My tempo runs are supposed to be at a 9:20 or faster pace.  I felt tight and tense even after my warmup, so I was doubtful I'd hit that goal pace.  Interestingly, the first two miles were a 9:00 and 9:11, even though they were hilly.  Then the tummy rumbling started.  By miles 5 & 6, I was running 10 minute miles.  It's hard to relax and run when your butt cheeks are squeezed so tight a slip of paper couldn't slip between them. 

At mile 6.6 I was done.  Like really, really done.  I was only a half mile from my house, but I knew if I ran another step I was going to do something that would cause me to have to throw away a pair of Lululemon crops.  And I am very attached to my Lululemon crops.  Let's just say I walked.  I made it, and let's leave it at that, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment