Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4. The one where I learn I can't add.

Today's run was one mile pick-ups.  Basically, I started at a 10:15 + pace, then picked up the pace by 15 seconds each mile.  Looking at my training plan, I realized I had to run 6 miles plus a 1 mile cool-down.  Perfect!  My community has a 7 mile loop around a lake.  I even wrote a list of the goal pace for each mile on the palm of my hand.  It was around mile 3 when I realized that there were actually only paces for FIVE miles written on my hand, somehow or another I counted the cool-down as a training mile.  *sigh*  So much for a loop.  I turned around and headed back to my truck. 

I really struggled with the early miles of this run, as I tend to be the type of runner who runs the first coupe of miles WAY too fast.  Negative splits are going to be a hard lesson for me to learn.  6.25 miles, 9:52 min/mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment