Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12. The one where I grow a beard.

I probably should have taken today off and done my long run tomorrow.  I'm quite burnt out after exercising everyday this week.  But, I really wanted Sunday off, so I could try to nail Monday's tempo run. 

It was foggy and misting when it got light enough for me to see outside.  Le sigh.  The weather was warm enough for shorts and long-sleeves and I was out the door by 9.  It was really, really wet.  And a bit chillier than I thought.  My hair was quickly soaked and I was dodging puddles to keep my shoes dry. 

I knew that I was going to be running slowly (long run pace) and I decided to make the run as hilly as possible.  I have some really hilly half marathons coming up.  Around mile 5 I decided to take a potty break.  I took a peek in the mirror to see how wet my hair actually was and was *shocked* to see my face.  Almost every peach fuzz hair on my face had a tiny drop of water hanging off of it, I looked like I had grown a full beard!  And apparently I need to wax my upper lip, because I was also sporting a moustache.  Plus there were little drops hanging from my eyebrows.  Very attractive. 

I finished up at 12.33 miles, 10:40 pace.  I'm exhausted.  I ran 33 miles this week and can NOT wait for tomorrow's rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment