Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1

I woke with a sense of purpose this morning. Last year I ran a whopping 1,110 miles and I'm absolutely determined to beat that this year. I am currently working with a running coach (she trained me for the Marine Corps Marathon last year). My goals this year are definitely speed related. I'd like to run a sub-2 half marathon and a sub 4:30 full marathon. She sends me my weekly workouts and I do them. Today was a 6.75 mile tempo on the road that goes around the lake in my neighborhood. It's a hilly beast of a road and the fastest I've ever run it is a 9:10 pace. I'd made up my mind to go for a sub-9 pace, though I knew it would be really pushing myself. I TOTALLY DID IT THOUGH! 8:59 pace! Close, but still sub-9. I'll take it!

2 comments:

  1. Great run, Stacey! I would love to hear more about your running coach. I have thought about trying one, but have wondered if it'd be feasible. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne! I love having a coach. She's a wealth of knowledge and tailors my workouts to my specific goals and training. I ran my first half marathon after training on my own at a 2:43. I was disappointed with my performance and hired her right after. By August I ran a 2:15 half! She e-mails my workouts on Monday night and I just fit them into my weekly schedule. You should totally check into a coach. Hell, check out mine! Katie at Off Da Couch Training.

    ReplyDelete