Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bad Blogger. Baaaaaad.

I haven't been blogging.  I have utterly failed at the blog challenge, lol!

On the otherhand, I have been doing all my workouts (yes, Katie!  Even the cross-training!) And am starting to see results.  My coach wanted me to shoot for an 8:45min/mi on my Tempo loop yesterday.  Let me just tell you about my Tempo loop.  It's a real bitch.  It's 6.75-7 miles long (Depending on if I start from my house or somewhere actually on the loop.)  One entire side of it is rolling hills, the other is loooong gradual hills.  Depending on which way you run it, you have your choice of running up the steepest side of all the hills but a mostly downhill gradual finish, or the easy side of the rollers, but a long gradual mostly uphill finish.  Both suck equally. 

Anyways, the fastest I've ever run it is an 8:59 pace.  I know that at that point, the 15 second difference is mostly mental.  So I prepared myself and went for it.  It was tough.  I knew that my body was physically strong enough, but pushing myself hard is not something I do easily.  I generally finish all my races knowing I could've gone a little harder.  I kept asking myself  "You can, but WILL you?"  Well, long story short, I didn't make it.  But I came damn close!  7 miles, 8:47 pace!  Yay, me!

Today is a cross-training day.  As soon as the 3 year-old goes down for a nap, I will hit the ellipse machine for 30 minutes, then do some abs and IT band exercises. 

I have my eyes on that Half in February.  I may not get sub-2, but not for a lack of trying!

1 comment: