Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14. The missed Tempo.

Monday mornings are tempo mornings.  Generally the hilly 7 mile loop around my neighborhood, more if I'm in a marathon training cycle.  Today was 59 degrees, and lightly raining.  Perfect conditions to kill a tempo run.  Yeah.  Not so much.  I think I was still fatigued from last week's 33 miles, because I just could NOT get my pace up to 9 minute miles.  It just was not happening.  I had the idea in the back of my head to try for my big goal of 2013, a sub-2 half.  I'm beginning to doubt if it's going to happen.  It's okay, I have plenty of half marathons in my schedule this year... I just think this first one is the flattest of the bunch. 

7.2 miles, 9:21 pace.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Stacey...It might not have happened today, but you keep pushing and it will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete