Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/21-1/27 Week in Review

After my blistering run on Monday, the cold front came in.  And it was cold, yo! 

Tuesday was no problem, just an easy 30 minutes on the elliptical.

But Wednesday?  Hill repeater day?  It was 15 degrees out when I started my run.  I warmed up a mile (ha!  Warm-up!) ran 10 hill repeaters and cooled-down for a mile.  To tell you the truth, my body never really felt warm. 

And then came Friday.  Which was an easy 5-miler.  If you want to call 20 degrees easy.  It looked like this:
Yes.  That's me.  Actually, the run turned out to be quite fun.  That jacket is quite cozy and I sort of moved along in my own little bubble of warmth.  Sort of like the warm spot in the pool.  But without the pee.

Saturday's long run was a chilly, hilly 13 miler.  My IT band was really acting up, and I only averaged a 10:35 pace.  Did you know the human nasal cavity can literally produce buckets of snot in two and a half hours?  Seriously.  Buckets. 

And because I was feeling frisky, I threw this bad boy in around mile 11.  Though it's really no different than the ones at miles 6-10...

1 comment:

  1. I hate the snot thing. I carry a big old hanky around with me because I was snotting so much and got tired of wiping it on my sleeves. At the end of my long run on Saturday, a well-meaning guy in my neighborhood asked me if I had a cold. That hanky is one nasty thing when I get home. And hey, that jacket is sweet!

    ReplyDelete