Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Running in the dark essentials.

In order to add a fourth run into my weekly schedule, I've had to start running at the butt-crack of dawn on Wednesday mornings. In the summer this won't really be a problem, but in the dark cold winter... it sucks and it scares me. Here's what I've found to be helpful:

1) Under Armour ColdGear Frosty tights. These are warm, soft and are not low rise, so my butt stays covered and warm too.

2) Reflective jackets, armband and shoes. Because, duh!

3) The RoadID Firefly Supernova. This sucker flashes a super bright light and you can just clip it somewhere on your person.

4) Knuckle lights. Love, love, love these things.

5) Also, if you happen to have an 80 pound German Shepherd laying around your living room like I do... I highly recommend bringing him along.

No comments:

Post a Comment