Friday, November 11, 2011

I spoke too soon...

... about my love for the three miler! Yesterday's run just left me, well, blah. I didn't feel well, I was slow, I had to walk and I finished in 34 minutes. Slow. I know with mileage, speed will come. I know I'm training to finish races, not to win them. But DAMN. Competitive personalities like myself do NOT like to just finish. I want to finish well. And having a speed demon husband doesn't help. I've only been off the treadmill and seriously learning to run since August. In 3 races I've taken 7 minutes off my 5K time, but I'm still pokey. And a bad practice run is not very motivating.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info (full name, email, mailing address). Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete