Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Nice Thing About Being A Newbie Runner...

...is that for a good long time, each race is a personal record (PR). I may be getting to the point that getting PRs is going to take some serious work. My 5K time has rapidly improved in 3 races. Going from 40:50 in August to 34:01 in October. I'm hoping to get below a 32:00 next weekend, would wildly love to run a sub-30 5K. Beyond that, I can't even imagine.

In other news, I'm sorta falling in love with long run Saturday. I almost feel that it really takes 3-4 miles to get warmed up and find my groove. Today's 7 miler (this time I carried water and Gu) felt awesome, and I didn't struggle like last week. Next weekend is race weekend, then the following weekend is my last 7 miler and I start builing up mileage to that half marathon. Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment