Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Running. And Technology.

For my 5 mile long run on Sunday, I borrowed the husband's Garmin. It was awesome! It let me know when I finished each mile and told me the pace of my previous mile. Husband said he thought he was getting a little too dependent on his Garmin, as he missed his goal time by 5 seconds in his last 10K when the watch told him he'd make it. So in the interest of NOT being so dependent on it, I asked to borrow it for our next race in November. My request was promptly denied. *sigh*

Today I ran 3-3.5 miles (you know I'd know the exact mileage of that shit if I was wearing husband's Garmin) up a busy road outside my neighborhood. Other than my ankle and shin acting up a bit, it was awesome. A nice paved breakdown lane for me to run in. Nice rolling hills to work-out on, and lots of traffic to prevent me from walking. Because, you know, I like to look like a bad-ass. I did, however, have to backtrack my run for a bit to chase down my running hat that a semi truck literally blew off my head.

Oh, and my fancy new pink and grey Garmin showed up at the door today. Thank you husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment