Sunday, November 13, 2011

Long Run Sunday

Today I ran six miles for the first time in my life. Well, I should clarify that I allow myself short little walks when I need them to lower my heartrate and regroup, usually around 30 seconds. I find that I experience "moments" when I'm out there for a longer period of time. Moments when the sun breaks through the clouds and touches my face like a kiss. Or moments of extreme clarity when details of the road and it's surroundings seem to sharpen. Today I was passing under a tree, when a small leaf fell lazily in front of me and all I had to do was put my hand up and it fell into my palm. These, and the feelings of accomplishment and strength I get when I run, are the things that keep me going. They are the rewards that the road gives me for keeping it company.

No comments:

Post a Comment