Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Running In The Dark

Because of day plans, I was up before the sun logging my 3 miles. It is both exhilarating and frightening to run on the road in pitch black (my community has neither street lights nor bike paths). Not only am I frightened of cars not seeing me, I also have the normal fear of a woman alone in the dark. I outfit myself with an array of various reflective materials and blinking strobe lights. I've also tried using a headlamp, and only end up looking like a deranged miner/Christmas tree. This morning I tried a fantastic invention called Knuckle Lights. They're these lightweight "flashlights" that slide over your fingers and rest on the front of your knuckles and light your way. I run with my hands in a loose fist, so these really were perfect for me. Not to mention they remind me of brass knuckles, so along with a little "Eye Of The Tiger" action, I got to embrace my inner Rocky. Yo, Adrian!

No comments:

Post a Comment