Monday, October 24, 2011

A bit discouraged.

I was on my daughter's Cross Country site looking for something when I ran across a "humor" button. I clicked it of course... who doesn't like "humor". It was a list of The 27 Types Of Runners You See At A 5K. And while some of them were humorous, one of them was me. The housewife running 10 minute miles, the person proud of coming in 18th in their age division. It got me to thinking. Am I a joke at these races? I have a husband who runs fast enough to usually be in the top 5 for his age division and in the top 15 overall. I'm generally in the back quarter of the pack. It's made me re-think signing up for this 10K once again. That race will not have many if any beginner racers, and I'll finish waaay in the back, if not last in my age division. I'll be lucky to finish in 1:15. So while I'd like to challenge myself to a harder race, that stupid page of "humor" has eroded my confidence to practically nothing.

1 comment:

  1. You are not just someone's "Humor", Stacey! Run because you want to, just because you can! Don't base whether you run or don't run, because of what other people may think about you. To hell with them! I think you are awesome for getting out there and running for yourself and your loved ones! You're setting a great example for them! Don't let someone else's idea of humor spoil it for you. Stay strong, I know you can do it! :o)

    ReplyDelete