Thursday, October 20, 2011

An Easy 2

I'm scaling back in anticipation of Saturday's race. Today's practice run was a 2 miler with a comfortable pace. I live 2 miles from my daughter's pre-school so I left my truck parked there and caught a ride home with a friend. Surprisingly, my 2 mile was finished pretty easily in 20 minutes. Not bad for a girl who hated running for the last 20 years.

I still have to walk occasionally, though those are getting fewer and farther between. I allow myself those times, and pick up the run as soon as I'm able. However, four years of trying to keep up with a platoon of male Marines left me feeling that walks are failures. It also left me with the fatalistic attitude that I'll never be able to complete a run without walking. It's a mental stumbling block that I'll need to work on.

There must be some sort of literature out there on the mental aspects of running. Anyone? Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment