Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Me vs. The Dreaded Treadmill

The weather is so bad today that I had to log my miles by treadmill. I am lucky enough to have one in my basement to use at my leisure, however I really do hate the thing. I started out Couch to 5K on the treadmill, solely to burn calories with absolutely no intention to hit the road. Once I'd completed the program, the obvious next step was to complete an actual 5K. Total disaster. So for all of autumn, I trained outside and learned to love it. Well, winter is here and I'll need to resign myself to running inside occasionally. Today, I found that 1) I'm actually slower on the treadmill. (WTF? How can you be slower when the road is moving for you?) 2) I am incapable of running on the treadmill without hanging on to the handlebars. (again, wtf?) and 3) The calories my heart monitor/Garmin tell me I burned are nowhere NEAR the calories the treadmill told me I burned.

However, being able to Facebook while running is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment