Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Running begins to run your life.

When I decided to start running the treadmill about a year ago, it really was only to lose weight. I remember a girlfriend telling me she'd run 2 miles and I was all DAMN! That's a long freakin' run!

Then the races started, and the work became fun. The results were everywhere! In my ever shrinking wardrobe, in the way people who hadn't seen me for awhile reacted to me, and in a PR everytime I did a race.


And then, sometime last October, I decided that I wanted to run a marathon. And the obsession grew. It seems that all I can talk about is running, running shoes, gu, port o potties, training plans, and running skirts. I still don't always love to run, but I love the way I feel when I finish!

This Saturday is the long anticipated Irish Sprint race. It gets me my "golden ticket" so I can register for the sold out Marine Corps Marathon. It's a hilly half trail/half road race. My "A" goal is to finish. That's it. My "B" goal is to steal my 15 year old's ticket if I can't finish. She doesn't need it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment